Hello!

DianneMcCormick

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone, seems like I always end up at this site when I have a chicken question so I decided to join. I have had my first flock for 2 years, they are a mix of bantams and full full size. I lost my buff orpington this summer, but other than that my original group is happy and healthy. My original flock consists of 4 silkies, 2 millie fleurs, 2 buff brahma bantams a barred plymouth rock and a cream legbar. I added 4 new full size chicks this summer, lavender and blue orpingtons, a pencil rock and a americana. I had my blue silkie raise the day old baby chicks and that worked out perfectly. The 4 new ones are now part of my original flock and should start laying soon, so I have 14 chickens right now. I just placed an order for a new flock of 17 to go in a new coop we are converting out of what used to be my goat house. They are going to be another mixed flock but all full size this time, mostly rare breeds, but I did have to get another buff orpington!
I don't have a rooster yet, but am considering one at some point to raise a rare breed, I just haven't figured out which breed yet. :)

In addition to the chickens I have 4 Australian Shepherds and 5 indoor cats. I compete in dog agility with the Aussies. They are Rumor 11.5, who just survived a bought of liver cancer and is retired, Hana, 9 still competing but on a light schedule, River 4, my main competition dog and baby Allie, 12 weeks.

It seems I always end up on this site when I have a chicken question, so I decided to join to take full advantage of everything that is offered here.

:welcome

I know exactly what you mean, every time I had a chicken question I always ended up here. I also have a Millie fleur, she’s the cutest thing. I have 3 buff orpingtons that are pushing 5 years old and still laying! One of them even hatched a few chicks for us in July. They’re the best.
Welcome to BYC :hugs

:welcome

I know exactly what you mean, every time I had a chicken question I always ended up here. I also have a Millie fleur, she’s the cutest thing. I have 3 buff orpingtons that are pushing 5 years old and still laying! One of them even hatched a few chicks for us in July. They’re the best.
Welcome to BYC :hugs
I loved my buff, don't know what happened to her, she was fine in the morning, found her in the coop later that day. I read, here I think that sometimes happens. I need another loved her. My Millie's are a riot!

I loved my buff, don't know what happened to her, she was fine in the morning, found her in the coop later that day. I read, here I think that sometimes happens. I need another loved her. My Millie's are a riot!

Sorry about your buff :( our Rapunzel fell off the roost pole one night during a thunder storm, we have no idea what happened. Maybe she had a heart attack? She was our sweetest buff.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Good luck with converting your goat house into a nice chicken coop. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

turkey in disguise.gif

Greetings DianneMcCormick, Welcome to BYC! :frow
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving! :)

Back
Top Bottom