Hello!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painted Calls

Still the Mayor
Premium Feather Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hello BYC community!

I am Overo and I've seen the forum mentioned in FB chicken groups and around on the web. I thought I'd finally join.

I have had chickens on and off my whole life. I by no means know it all, and I love learning and "talking chicken".... So here I am!

I currently only have 3 birds. I just finished a new coop however, so more will finally be coming this spring. So excited!

I have a 9 year old pied guinea hen. She was part of our initial guinea flock my late husband and I bought when we moved here. Guineas were his thing and after losing him, Henny Guinea is very near and dear to my heart.

Henny's companion Greg was a charity case. He needed a home (friend couldn't have roosters so I stepped up and took him) and I brought him in. He's not grateful at all and regularly bites the hand that feeds him. He is 2 and appears to be a golden sebright mix.

Then we have Gracie. Gracie is a bantam Cochin pullet that we just got a few weeks ago. I've never had cochins and after her I believe that's all I'll ever have. She hasn't been here long, but she has us all absolutely smitten. She's the sweetest little fluff ever. She is my 4 year old daughter's best friend.

I re-homed a lot of my animals and stepped away from the hobby after losing my husband. Now that I'm feeling a bit better about life, I'm excited to get back into it!

In addition to our birds, we also have cattle, horses, and a big ole mule. I have always loved animals (Bless my mother's heart for putting up with it when I was growing up lol) and always will. Even the "creepy" ones.

I hope to learn from everyone here and make friends along the way! :D

Hello and welcome to BYC. I’m glad to read that you are in a happier place and feel able to keep chickens once more. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom