hello! :)

fern & tweet came from a family friend who had them as pets but is having to move. he lost his wife in jan. and without their joint income he can't afford the house anymore. we are all close and were before she passed as well so we took them in so he could still see them whenever he wanted. the new baby will be from the same feed store that they originally got fern and tweet from but obviously a decent time between since both girls are grown and have laid eggs (tweet is molting right now so she stopped for the time being)

fern & tweet came from a family friend who had them as pets but is having to move. he lost his wife in jan. and without their joint income he can't afford the house anymore. we are all close and were before she passed as well so we took them in so he could still see them whenever he wanted. the new baby will be from the same feed store that they originally got fern and tweet from but obviously a decent time between since both girls are grown and have laid eggs (tweet is molting right now so she stopped for the time being)
Is the Silkie a day old chick? If so, I'd get 2, not 1, and brood them in a secure area of the coop using a momma heating pad or brooder plate.

C695225C-F359-4B52-83DB-6B0DCE2AEA2C.jpeg

Is the Silkie a day old chick? If so, I'd get 2, not 1, and brood them in a secure area of the coop using a momma heating pad or brooder plate.
to be honest i'm not sure how old it (hopefully she!) will be I will find that out tomorrow but I barely have my parents talked into 1 (when I first raised the idea I got the look like I cussed my mom out...i'm sure you guys remember that mom look i'm talking about) but when she saw a partridge silkie picture it was love at first fluff and she's been on board ever since...but maybe not chicken math levels of on board....dad...doesn't quite know yet but uh..i'm taking 100% care of em myself so he probably will be cool with it haha. we already planned on adding a guard goose once there are young ones available someplace

Back
Top Bottom