Hello!

Carpediem32

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2020
Hi everyone! Found this lovely site looking up purple peafowl! I love purple and when I saw peafowl exist in that color I knew I wanted one! Never had a peafowl before this summer and I love them! We have an IB hen raised her from a chick. We had a pair and were so excited when we got them to realize we had a boy and a girl, argued over names and finally settled on Pebbles and BamBam. Sadly the male was killed. I got some chickens and they keep Pebbles company 😂 Hoping to get eggs to hatch and this spring so they are tamer. Our birds free range so it's nice to have them somewhat tame. We bought peachicks locally last summer and they were so wild lol. They managed to get out of their pen and disappeared. I am in love with peafowl now, can't believe how smart they are with so much personality!

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_084623.jpg
    IMG_20191117_084623.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 11
:welcome It’s wonderful to have you here with us! I look forward to seeing more pictures of your animals, and especially additional pea fowl! :caf
Have you ever looked into quail? I am quite happy to have Coturnix in my poultry mix. They are just so adorable, and curious!
No haven't thought about quail lol might add guineas some day. Quail would probably get packed off by the Hawks or eagles around here :hmm

Back
Top Bottom