Hello!

Connorthomas

Hatching
May 20, 2020
My name is Connor. I love chickens. A few years ago, I raised a flock of Rhode Island Reds, and more recently, partially raised one wild chick in Hawaii. This Lil chick, whom I named Bo, re-sparked my interest in chickens. After my flock of reds, I was unable to continue the flock due to circumstances.
I am currently enrolled at SNHU. I travel a lot.
Here is my story of Bo.
There were two chicks stuck on a ledge with mom and the rest of the chicks nearby trying to yell to get them down. My sister and I helped those chicks back to the mom, and they took them back just fine, that's when we noticed there was a 3rd chick that looked like it jumped before we got there and was injured bad. I know chickens are fragile, and this little guy did not look good. We walked across the street back to our car to assess the situation. We came back, and the chick was about three feet from where we saw him getting pecked by three other chickens and not responding whatsoever. At that moment, we decided to take him to our house and let him live out his last day somewhere warm and comforting. We knew he wasn't going to make it, so we weren't worried about becoming too reliant on humans. Except... he didn't die. He made a full recovery, surprising everyone. This little chick followed us everywhere, and he loved going to the beach with us. We let him wander around wherever he wanted to go, and he never went farther than 10 feet away from us. He loved us, we would set our hand down, and he would jump right into it. He loved to fall asleep in the collar of your shirt. I had to leave the island due to my entire family losing our jobs because of covid, and our airline stopped serving pets because of the virus. We left Bo with a friend of ours, who is a bird rehabilitator. Since, then Bo has been doing great, eating plenty of bugs and getting lots of cuddles. I will try to add some pictures... I am not good with computers.

Back
Top Bottom