Hello!

Rebekah Mc

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I’m going to be using the question template as I find it has the type of information I wish to share.
(My name is Rebekah btw ^^)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first started chickens about a year back, having caught some yard birds in a meat coop we had. They kept getting in and out but in the end we had 8, 3 roosters and 5 hens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 14 chickens, 2 roosters and 12 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Old English Game/Silkie and some sort of silkie mixes

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I personally like having free eggs and sharing them with neighbors/local friends.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Keeping chickens is the obvious one but I
also care for rabbits and tend to the general care of my local school’s Farm.

6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a high schooler and I’m turning 16 soon, I work as a ranchhand on Sundays. My family has two dogs, 4 cats, some fish and a pet snake. I really like chickens lol.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I first found the site when I was first researching some months ago about sexing and diseases. I’ve known about BYC for 5 or 6 months. What made me join this community in the end was I need some help sexing a few chicks we got a few weeks back so after this I’ll be heading to the “what breed or gender is this?” XD

Back
Top Bottom