Hello!

Lindamq04

Hatching
Aug 11, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Kinda. My grandpa had a bunch of layers when i was younger and in highschool. When i moved out I raised some game fowl that was back in 2003. My daughter is in 4h and we got some hyland brown hens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
13 hens and one rooster

(3) What breeds do you have?
Just the Hyland brown

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Chickens have very unique personalities, all our girls have little quirks. Plus the eggs are a bonus lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We are actually getting a Juliana cross piglet friday and we are looking into getting some goats, trying to talk the Boyfriend into getting a mini donkey and a couple cows. Im wanting the whole 9 yards.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Its just my boyfriend, daughter and myself with 2 dogs, 2 bearded dragons, 13 hens and 1 rooster. I work from home, My boyfriend works in factory in town. My daughter is currently going into 5th grade and wanting her to fall in love with the country living like i did when i was younger. So far its working, she is in love with the hens, the rooster on the other hand she isnt too fond of. He doesnt like boots and will chase anyone wearing them. Im always down there petting everyone and giving out treats while wearing flip flops and he knows that if he chases momma, ill pick him up and love on him talking in little baby talk. lol

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Actually i had a question, searched on google and this was the first that popped up and i got to reading and almost forgot what i was going to ask lol

Sounds like you're living a wonderful country life! Hope your daughter will appreciate how amazing it is -- rooster and all! One of my vivid childhood memories is being "greeted" by our Bantam roosters, Heckell and Jeckyll, who would attack me ankles the second I got off the school bus! And, yet, I still love chickens!

Here's to hoping you get the whole nine yards, and welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom