Hello

Calmkl

Chirping
Jan 27, 2021
Northwest Arkansas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens and I was kind of just thrown into it. A family member who has a little homestead gave my son a baby chick as an early Christmas present. Knowing she would be lonely I asked for a second one.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently have three but will definitely be getting more this spring.

(3) What breeds do you have?

The first two are a barn yard mix but from what Ive looked up Dumplin leans towards a cuckoo maran and pretty boy leans barred rock. Our latest addition Lilith is a ayam cemani, she was a breeders cull due to imperfections.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love their personality and am constantly amazed at how sweet and cuddly they can be.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Does sleep count?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a single mother with a teenaged son. I'm an insurance agent and work with employers to provide supplemental benefits for their employees and I enjoy what I do. We have 2 dogs Skitz and Sniper, 2 cats Nebula (Nebs) and Andromeda. The dogs are pathetic and the chickens scare them, they won't even be in the same room as them. Nebs has some serious jealousy issues and is not okay with me getting more animals that share my love.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DL

Being new to chickens a lot of things seem scary or questionable, I found every time I googled something I found the best answer was from a thread here so I decided to cut out the middle man (google) and just come straight here for my answers. I feel like I found my people.

Back
Top Bottom