Hello!

SamMiller

Chirping
Oct 23, 2021
Funnily enough I've been here before, I just don't use my old account anymore :D but I've changed a lot, so I think an introduction is fairly appropriate!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Nope! Had 'em for I dunno... 3-4 years now?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
30-something.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Oh boy, let's see... Lavender Orpington, Buff Orpington, Light Brahma, Red Sex-Link, Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte, White Leghorn, Ameracauna, Speckled Sussex, and some obligatory mutts :plbb ... and anyone else I've inevitably forgotten!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I just think they're adorable. I intend to breed and sell one day but right now I just love to have them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love fishing and outdoorsy stuff.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a mildly crazy family in rural Cali. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats, a mini-pig, and 3 goats. I currently am just a high schooler who can't find anyone to talk to chickens to. :tongue

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found this site through my inevitable incessant chicken googling, "how to make chickens like me", "how to pet chickens properly", as one does. I joined awhile back for... fun, I guess? And now I'm back with the intent to be, uh, actually active! :p

Back
Top Bottom