Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kattwoman, Mar 26, 2009.

1. kattwoman

kattwoman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    Well, since lurking since last Oct I've finally joined! Thanks too all the wonderful info here, my dh designed and built a coop and run. (Okay, my dh did more of the building and I did more of the designing, but isn't that what a partnership is?)

I have 8 chicks living in my living room now. They're almost two weeks old. They are sooo cute! My kids are having a fun time with them.

Question though: I was thinking of building a 4x4 cage out of chicken wire to let them roam around under outside, when it's not raining. (I live in W. Washington, so that kind of a hit or miss type of thing.) The temps aren't getting about 50 degrees right now. Is that too cold for them? Can I limit the time, like only an hour or so? Put the heat lamp on the roof of the cage just in case? I just feel sorry for them having to be shut up in a cage indoors all the time.

Anyway, look forward to sharing my chicken experiences with you all and learning for you!

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wow that is a long time to lurk - I think I lurked for 10 minutes [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Welcome (finally!) to BYC!! We have a bunch of 2 week old chicks in the house too! They are just adorable and so much fun! You can probably start putting them out for a little bit during the warmer part of the day. An hour or so would be good... They will start peeping a lot if they are cold. At least that's what mine have done.

6. kattwoman

kattwoman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    Well, we were moving to a new state, so I wanted to wait until things settled down before joining, if that makes sense.

7. gmzamz

gmzamz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Monticello, MN
    [​IMG]

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello and WELCOME to BYC from NC

9. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps