Hello

May 14, 2022
I'm a new member, although I have searched this site for years for advice and answers about yard birds. I'm in Southampton County Va. I have owned and cared for numerous birds including geese, ducks, chickens, and guineas. I mostly never purchase new pets, they are usually in need of a home and I take them in if I can. Some pets I have had to rehome myself, because they can't fit in to those I already have (like taking in a male pekin when I have little female khaki campbells, or two roosters that will not stop hurting each other). Right now I have 3 rescue ducks (I just recently lost one, don't know what took him), and 7 chickens (6 just recently given to me (including a very aggressive Polish rooster). I also just recently lost a hen that had been with me for years.☹️ Right now I'm in search for a companion for my little Turkish Sultan, she is so small, and the new birds much bigger(RIR, etc.) so she mostly hangs out with the ducks. The bigger birds are in their own coop right now, but getting a bigger one ready for all the birds to be together. Well that's my story.

Back
Top Bottom