hello

tajskhans

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2022
Hi, my name is Taj

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

At the end of 2020, my sister brought home a fertile egg that she got from school. We didn’t expect it to hatch but she was adamant that it would, so we put it under my neighbour’s broody hen, and low and behold it hatched, this chicken was a frizzle silkie and was ridiculously aggressive (he was a rooster) he also was raised with one friend who was also a roo who we still have. (sadly the first rooster got attacked by a fox)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 8 chickens but a flock of 14 as I also have 2 turkeys and 4 guineas

(3) What breeds do you have?

2x ISA brown hens,1x Australorp/ Rhode Island red roo, 2x ISA/ Australorp/ Rhode island roosters (who are getting sold in a couple of days, 1x ISA/ Australorp/ Rhode island hen, 1x rose comb bantam pair ( 1x rooster 1x hen), 4x guinea fowl, x2 turkeys (idk the breed)

(4) What are your favourite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Their personalities and feeding them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Fishkeeping, reading, and gaming

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, occupation and anything else you'd like to share.

I have a goal to be able to fully sustain my family of 5 (my brother, my sister, me and my parents) with chickens, gardens, and quail. I also have two dogs, a pug named phoebe and a Maltese shitzhu poodle. I also go to school e

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known about it since June 2021 but, I thought that it was an American-only forum, until May this year when I discovered it is not.

Back
Top Bottom