Hello!

nitrosnail

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2023
I'm a new member here, so I just wanted to say Hi :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Unfortunately, I have never reared chickens. However, I am a farmer and geneticist for a large duck breeding company, with experience in the entire process of hatching, rearing, breeding and, genetic selection.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I am not allowed to own or keep personal flocks, but on average, our farms cater to around 30,000 birds annually.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Pekin ducks of mixed strains, developed by the company I work for.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The welfare and happiness of the birds is the number 1 priority! Luckily, we have the money to research any problems and find corrective actions to limit issues of welfare and illness. This is why I take pride in my work, as you will never see a better looked-after animal on any farm than compared to ours.

What made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I am here to help with your questions! Whilst I don't have any of my own birds, I have lots of experience in commercial bird handling, welfare etc... so I would like to help as many people as I can with some of the knowledge I have gained. Also, I am here to learn from you people. Some 'Backyard' practices will be much better than what we have in farming, so if I can implement them into our practices, then success all around!

I'm a new member here, so I just wanted to say Hi :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Unfortunately, I have never reared chickens. However, I am a farmer and geneticist for a large duck breeding company, with experience in the entire process of hatching, rearing, breeding and, genetic selection.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I am not allowed to own or keep personal flocks, but on average, our farms cater to around 30,000 birds annually.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Pekin ducks of mixed strains, developed by the company I work for.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The welfare and happiness of the birds is the number 1 priority! Luckily, we have the money to research any problems and find corrective actions to limit issues of welfare and illness. This is why I take pride in my work, as you will never see a better looked-after animal on any farm than compared to ours.

What made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I am here to help with your questions! Whilst I don't have any of my own birds, I have lots of experience in commercial bird handling, welfare etc... so I would like to help as many people as I can with some of the knowledge I have gained. Also, I am here to learn from you people. Some 'Backyard' practices will be much better than what we have in farming, so if I can implement them into our practices, then success all around!
:welcome!!!
I have 33 chickens.
 Literally all my chickens are different breeds, so ill say my 5 favorite breeds i have. Gold polish, silver lakenvelder, french wheaten maran, americauana, and appenzaller spitzhauben.

Back
Top Bottom