Hello!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by awhitfield627, May 26, 2010.

1. awhitfield627

awhitfield627 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Burlington, NC
    Hello chicken lovers! I'm new to the forums, but not new to the site! I have been using BYC as a resource for my chickens and incubating for a few weeks.
    I'm from NC, I don't know a whole lot about chickens and everything that comes with them. I have 3 hens, 2 roosters (all mixed breeds from my in-laws farm) and 2 dozen eggs in an incubator.
    I am looking forward to reading, posting and getting advice![​IMG]

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Hey there and welcome. I think a lot of people use this site for info before actually joining. Since you have 2 doz [​IMG] eggs in the incubator, you'll probably have questions - is this your 1st time? Good luck - I know you're exicted! Where in NC are you? We recently relocated from south of Raleigh.

3. awhitfield627

awhitfield627 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Burlington, NC
    I live in Burlington. This is not my first time incubating. I am a teacher, and I have been doing it in my classroom for several years. This is the first time I'm actually doing it for myself!!!!!

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello and Welcome!

Sounds like you are enjoying your chickens! This is the place for info, that's for sure.

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

7. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Quote:Cool - then you're and old pro at hatching! Burlington is really growing, isn't it? Good luck with your hatch and let us know what happens!

8. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by