Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by crchickens, Jul 9, 2011.

1. crchickens

crchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Blue Ridge, TX
    Good morning everyone!! I currently reside in PA, but hubby is going for a second interview for a job on Monday, and if he gets it:), we will be buying a farm in Missouri. I can't wait. We currently have 4 dogs, and quite a few reptiles, but when we move, we will be adding chickens, goats, and a pot bellied pig to our menagerie. We also have three kids, ages 20, 18, and 13. I know nothing about chickens or goats, but I am starting to learn. My brother and a good friend both have chickens and goats, and I am going to go for an educational visit with them each. I am going to have a ton of question for you!! My primary goal is to have friendly animals. I am currently researching the different breeds and temperaments.

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

I also researched friendly breeds. I have some red stars, (because I couldn't wait for my order to come in and had to go to TS), Barred Rocks, (my roo is a BR), Buff Orphingtons, Easter Eggers and Welsummers.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. You cant go wrong with Barred Rocks. You'll have some tough choices, but everyone here has their friendly favorites lol.

4. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

5. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join.

6. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    [​IMG] and enjoy your membership.

I have been raising birds for some twenty years and just joined in May when I ran into BYC by accident [​IMG] .

There is NOT a day that goes buy that I do not learn something from the folks here. As my Grandfather said back in the 50's "When a day goes by and you don't learn something you are dead".

There is ALWAYS something...new coop ideas. new run ideas, a different way to incubate, different kinds of littler and food, and the best part is that there are more varied opinions that you can shake a stick at.

Again WELCOME, and the BEST OF LUCK with your birds.

7. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome from Louisiana [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

9. chickmchickie

chickmchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Welcome to the family here. Hello from Ely Mn.

10. McKenley5

McKenley5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Good luck on the farm! I have lived in subdivisions my entire life, and have never wanted to change that....Now that we have palnted a small garden and gotten some chickens, I am beginning to see the benefits of a more rural life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by