Hello!

Lilsweetpea

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Hello everyone! I'm a new chicken mommy, only having them since around Oct of last year. My husband kept telling me about all the wonderful people on BYC, and I find myself lurking in the shadows and reading all the post! I have to admit when my husband first brought up getting chickens, I was totally against the idea. Then last fall I found myself "giving in" to my kids and husband and got 4 silkies. We went through the whole hatching process and the kids got to see how baby chicks hatch and I decided that the silkies just didn't serve the purpose that I wanted which was duel purpose birds. So by the time I was done I found 7 silkies a good home, kept one silkie and got 4 barred rocks, 4 americanas, one white leghore, and two leghorn silkie crosses that we hatched. I'm not quite sure how I went from 10 to 12 but I guess that happens. Now I find myself outside watching them, and I always have a "grocery list" for the chickens when I go to the store. I'm looking foward to meeting new people and finding out new and interesting fact about chickens!
big_smile.png

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I love sitting and watching the chickens too! I've found that I scour the cabinets and the stored wild animal food to see what is chicken friendly.
smile.png
It's nice to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom