Hello

bmgjet

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 1, 2012
Thought I better say hi and make an account on here since Ill be raising my nabours chicks because he has gone away on holiday.
He had 6 in the incubator and so far 3 have hatch and 1 more just piped this morning.

Eggs came from his chooks
Video of the mothers

1 silky roo which is black/grey with flakes of gold/green on it, Has feathered legs but not toes, Has 7 toes on each leg.
2 sikly hens which are white. 1 has 5 toes on each foot and non-feathered legs. The other has 7 toes on each foot with feathered legs and toes.
1 polish hen which is black with white in its afro, non-feathered legs with 4 toes on each foot.

10 days ago the non-feathered foot silky went broody so she stays in the coop 95% of the time and only leaves for 10-15mins each day to get some food and water. She has 11 eggs under her at the moment and the other hens have taken to laying there eggs in her box. She has also become alot more friendly and doesnt mind you picking her up where before hand if there was a open area and you got with in 10cm of touching her she would make a run for it. The other silky is still like that tho and you need to guide her into a corner before you can touch her.
The roo doesnt like you to touch it either and makes a go of fight you if you try. But once you have caught him and his attempt at fighting you has failed 2-3 times he gives up and becomes friendly for the rest of the day.

The Polish on the other hand likes people over the other chooks, If she sees a person she will run up to them and follow you booking at you until you say hi and pick her up. Only then will she go back to doing chicken things. She did have a real problem with the roo tho at first and got into a fight with him every change she got for the first 3 days. But thats changed now and the first thing both them do when they get out is mate its a funny sight letting them out because they run full speed at each other while trying to fly across the yard.. The roo is kept in its own coop which is sound and light insulated so he doesnt crow in the morning until you open the door and let him out around 10am so the other nabours dont complain.
Other then that you dont hear anything from him till the sun starts to go down and he crows to let you know he wants to go back inside.

Furtherist is 2 days, Yellow one is 1 day and black one is 8-12 hours old.
Video of first interaction with them other then when I moved them out of the incubator.
Missed the bit where I tought them to drink by wetting the end of my finger and letting them peek at it and guilding them over to the lid with water in it. Also did the same with the food but they didnt seem to intrested in that.

Thought I better say hi and make an account on here since Ill be raising my nabours chicks because he has gone away on holiday.
He had 6 in the incubator and so far 3 have hatch and 1 more just piped this morning.

Eggs came from his chooks
Video of the mothers

1 silky roo which is black/grey with flakes of gold/green on it, Has feathered legs but not toes, Has 7 toes on each leg.
2 sikly hens which are white. 1 has 5 toes on each foot and non-feathered legs. The other has 7 toes on each foot with feathered legs and toes.
1 polish hen which is black with white in its afro, non-feathered legs with 4 toes on each foot.

10 days ago the non-feathered foot silky went broody so she stays in the coop 95% of the time and only leaves for 10-15mins each day to get some food and water. She has 11 eggs under her at the moment and the other hens have taken to laying there eggs in her box. She has also become alot more friendly and doesnt mind you picking her up where before hand if there was a open area and you got with in 10cm of touching her she would make a run for it. The other silky is still like that tho and you need to guide her into a corner before you can touch her.
The roo doesnt like you to touch it either and makes a go of fight you if you try. But once you have caught him and his attempt at fighting you has failed 2-3 times he gives up and becomes friendly for the rest of the day.

The Polish on the other hand likes people over the other chooks, If she sees a person she will run up to them and follow you booking at you until you say hi and pick her up. Only then will she go back to doing chicken things. She did have a real problem with the roo tho at first and got into a fight with him every change she got for the first 3 days. But thats changed now and the first thing both them do when they get out is mate its a funny sight letting them out because they run full speed at each other while trying to fly across the yard.. The roo is kept in its own coop which is sound and light insulated so he doesnt crow in the morning until you open the door and let him out around 10am so the other nabours dont complain.
Other then that you dont hear anything from him till the sun starts to go down and he crows to let you know he wants to go back inside.

Furtherist is 2 days, Yellow one is 1 day and black one is 8-12 hours old.
Video of first interaction with them other then when I moved them out of the incubator.
Missed the bit where I tought them to drink by wetting the end of my finger and letting them peek at it and guilding them over to the lid with water in it. Also did the same with the food but they didnt seem to intrested in that.
WELCOME. Man wish we had thought of sound proofing a house for our roo. He is gone now but man that would have been nice. Such cute fluffy buts too. Enjoy all the fowl love!

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Thanks for the welcomes.
4th one has hatched now and is grey with black sprinkles.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Congrats on the hatchlings!

Here is the 4th one.

Nothing from the other 2 eggs yet but have been told they were put in a day late so ill give them 2 days to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom