Hello

The Feenix

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Kentucky
Hello All.
I'm very happy to have found this forum and am very much looking forward to learning and sharing via this community.
To date, I've zero experience with keeping chickens, but I've been reading about keeping chickens for a couple of years now and I'm anxious to begin planning for a new adventure, keeping chickens. According to all of the local ordinances I've read, keeping chickens is permitted in my area and let's hope I've interpreted the law correctly. HAH So, now I'm excited about planning.
I really like the idea of having fresh eggs available for myself and my family and I'm always looking for a way to share good thing with them. I think this is going to be great fun for my granddaughter and I. She wants me to have a farm with horses, cows, goats, sheep, pigs and of course, chickens... we'll start with the chickens. We might end with the chickens, we'll see.
Any tips, tricks and/or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Greetings from Kansas, The Feenix, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Good luck to you and your chickens!

welcome-byc.gif
you could start out at the Learning Center, and then branch to others areas of interest. There is also a section for "Other ,poultry like ducks, geese guineas etc."

Great suggestions. I've been wandering around the forum and reading to the point that I lose track of time, it's wonderful. There is so much information shared, Idk if I'll ever know enough, but I'm going to give it a shot. haha

Back
Top Bottom