Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Panda Pants, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Panda Pants

Panda Pants Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2013
    Northern California
    I have read extensively around the forums and gotten a lot of good info here. I figured i might as well take the plunge and create an account so i can be social with like minded people. I think my facebook friends need a break from my poultry talk.

I raise mostly exotic breeds, although i lost almost 20 of my favorite birds recently to my neighbor's rampaging dog. Pretty heartbroken about that still, but such is farm life. I have a little splash sizzle hen that is possibly the most spoiled princess on the west coast. She sleeps in a warm, dry basket in the house and eats her breakfast out of the compost bucket in the kitchen before going outside to hang out with her friends. She hops up on the door sill and pecks to get let in when she wants a treat or it's bed time. Sometimes she doesn't feel like going outside and just follows me around the house. I often wonder if she knows she's a chicken.

Anyways... hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Sounds like you have a nice flock, though I'm sorry for the loss of your hens.

3. Panda Pants

Sep 22, 2013
    Northern California
    Thanks! I have a little PTSD from it, but having 2 sitting hens hatch the last few days is helping. Yay for babies!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome o BYC. Good luck at resolving the situation with your neighbor's dog.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome :)

6. FaithFeathers

FaithFeathers Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2013
    Welcome! Happy you're here! [​IMG]

7. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Welcome! [​IMG]

8. Panda Pants

Sep 22, 2013
    Northern California
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Sorry to hear about your losses. I hope the neighbour compensated you? Your little house hen reminds me of a hen I had in my teens that used to come sleep in my bedroom at night. She'd peck at the window to be let in.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Hope you have secured the area so no more dog attacks. You can't count on their owners to control them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by