Hello

Lexonight

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 20, 2013
Warren, RI
Hi, My name is Dave, I'm from Rhode Island. I got some free wood from a friend and decided to build a chicken coup. I built the coup off the ground and finished it right before the chicken delivery. We just got 5 hens and a rooster, guess what breed? lol Rhode Island reds of course. The rooster is 18 weeks old and the farmer said he should be singing in a couple of weeks, the hens are of egg laying age. They were donated from a friend, who got them from a big chicken factory, so there beaks are blunted, but they seem to be happy to get out of the factory setting. they enjoyed running around the yard and had a lot to say yesterday lol. Another friend donated the feed, agway egg layer feed. I hope to learn enough to keep em happy.
Well anyways, have a good day.
Dave

You have come to the right place.
Welcome and enjoy!
Steve.
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You have some very good friends!

Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Congratulations on your new chickens, bet the girls are happy to have a real home.

Greetings from Texas! I was given two redheads from a friend a couple of weeks ago, and they've won my heart. They've each laid a little brown egg almost every day since they've been here. They are curious, and talkative and friendly. Sometimes they tap on the window to get our attention. They're free range with me, but they go into the henhouse at night.

Back
Top Bottom