Hello!

Hi Jamie and welcome to BackYard Chickens. Nice to meet you. Glad you decided to start raising chickens. I recently got my own ones for my 15th birthday and I love them to bits. I'd never considered even having them, but when my mum gave my three beautiful chicks to me, I was ecstatic. Hopefully you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine so far.
woot.gif

Thanks, everyone! I wish we could go to the poultry fair on the 17th, but it's our twin's birthday and their party is that day.

Can you recommend a reputable hatchery? Someone told me about Murray McMurray Hatchery. Thoughts? I just want to make sure I am getting them from a reputable hatchery and not the equivalent of a puppy mill!

We are thinking about Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, and Delawares, but might have to add an Austrolorp now! Any thoughts on Jersey Giants?

Thanks, everyone! I wish we could go to the poultry fair on the 17th, but it's our twin's birthday and their party is that day.

Can you recommend a reputable hatchery? Someone told me about Murray McMurray Hatchery. Thoughts? I just want to make sure I am getting them from a reputable hatchery and not the equivalent of a puppy mill!

We are thinking about Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, and Delawares, but might have to add an Austrolorp now! Any thoughts on Jersey Giants?
I have had great luck with Murray McMurray. I have also heard good things about Ideal Hatchery. Ideal is in Texas. I use Privett Hatchery here in NM and they have excellent healthy birds. Mount Healthy Hatchery in Ohio is supposed to have good stock as well.

Oh, and you have go get Black Australorps! I keep them and wow, they are love muffins!! My girls are huge on lap sitting and fight over who gets to sit closest to mommy! They follow me around like drooling puppies looking for goodies or love. :)

Back
Top Bottom