Hello!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Thanks everyone! One of my BA's was definitely a rooster (helloooo, crow). Thankfully my chicken guy was needing a new BA roo and I needed another hen since I'm still 95% sure my black and white EE is a roo as well. They're all from the same flock, and have only been apart for around 3 weeks. Should I still keep the new one (a white rock hen) in quarantine?

Thanks everyone! One of my BA's was definitely a rooster (helloooo, crow). Thankfully my chicken guy was needing a new BA roo and I needed another hen since I'm still 95% sure my black and white EE is a roo as well. They're all from the same flock, and have only been apart for around 3 weeks. Should I still keep the new one (a white rock hen) in quarantine?

You're welcome. I'm glad you were able to re-home your BA rooster. Definitely quarantine the new White Rock hen. All new birds coming into the flock should be quarantined for at least three weeks to make certain that you don't introduce any diseases to your flock. Good luck with the new White Rock.

Back
Top Bottom