Hello. :)

hawkeye2

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 12, 2014
Oz
Hey, my name is Adele and I own 2 Isa Browns and one Araucana who have just started laying. :) I've been looking up anything to do with chickens since I got my two Isas at 8 weeks old and love chickens to bits. I want more but I only have a smal;l backyard in Suburbia. :p

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We all love our chickens here. Isa Browns are one of a number of different labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and like all Red Sex Links, they are egg laying machines. The Araucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Araucanas are tailless and lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you are enjoying your birds! Chickens are so much fun to own!

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! You only have 3 and you want more? Quick, look for an intervention program because you are already at risk for a case of chicken math. (You won't find any help here with controlling that issue, we're all enablers, lol.)

Thank you! :) :) Yes, I've been apartment hopping since I was 18 and now am home with Mum and got 3 chickens so I must find my own place so I can have more. My maximum limit is 10 as epr suburbian law and I want to hatch some along my way to that. :D

I'm in Oz so my araucana has a tail and not as majestic ear tuffs as the American version but I'm enjoying the eggs. She started laying pretty pale blue eggs 4 days ago and is 4/4 like a little machine.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom