Hello

Cody A

Songster
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
N. Louisiana
Hi everyone my name is Cody. I'm in N. Louisiana.

I've been perusing the forum the last couple days and am confused as ever. :)

I'm wanting to get into raising Buckeyes for meat and egg production and am ready to start building a house for the birds.

Hopefully I can get connected up with some folks in my area that me be able to teach me a thing or two about coop design in the south with breeding In mind.

Looking forward to meeting folks here.

Thanks,
Cody

Last edited:
Hi there Cody!
Welcome to the flock! :) You can introduce yourself on the Where am I, Where are you forum under your state and also get some help on your coop for your specific area. There's also a great tab that has posts about various sized coops and accessories. Hope that helps! Have fun and ask lots of questions :)
Where am I? Where are you!

Last edited:
Hello Cody and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Buckeyes are a beautiful bird to keep! You might stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors to see how they do things in your area...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/160883/louisiana-la-yers-peeps

You might also stop by the Buckeye thread for some talk about this wonderful breed....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/803253/the-buckeye-thread

Make yourself at home here. If you have any further questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Buckeyes are a hardy, dependable dual purpose breed that should give you plenty of meat and eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to the flock. I know someone who used to raise top show winning buckeyes years ago but, she has different breeds now. She lives in Washington state.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your future Buckeye flock! I've never kept them, but have heard that they are good dual purpose birds.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Buckeyes sound like a wonderful choice.

Back
Top Bottom