Hello!

tnd5

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2015
South Carolina
While I do not have chickens, I do have ducks and guineas, and have been frequenting the duck form. I raised Muscovys free range for about 10 years, but sold them all and have decided to go with Blue Runner ducks. I have 2 drakes and 8 ducks, about 1 week old. They are in a brooder in my garage. I know they are different than Muscovys, as in they don't fly and are smaller. I have read and studied and researched, but would really like a "hands on" opinion.

I am in the Columbia, SC area. I am used to having ducklings in the summer time, and not real sure about when I can transition these babies into an outside enclosure with shelter. I have an idea, but would really like confirmation.

Also, is it possible to pen the ducklings with 4 adult guineas in their night pen? Would the guineas pick on them? They would have their own run during the day for a while.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

Donna

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

I would recommend posting your duck and guinea questions in the Ducks section of the forum, or the Guinea section of the forum. Members there should be able to help.

Good luck with your birds!

Hi :welcome Donna
Glad you could join the flock! I hope you find all the answers to your questions over in the duck and guinea section of the forum. I am sure you will with all the experts there.

Hope you enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'd definitely post in the Ducks and Guinea Fowl section. Good luck with your flock, and I hope you can find the answers to your questions!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Defiantly check out the links provided by Two Crows.

Nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom