Hello

krisjjnn

Hatching
Apr 30, 2015
Hello Everyone, I'm new here. We hatched 4 chickens in March and bought 6 from a feed store. I bought two Australorps, same age and one is looking very rooster like. I was wondering what anyone with experience thought?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a lovely chick you have there very cute. I too agree a little young yet to tell but please do list some pics in the what breed gender section of the forum here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks, I'm more than sure they will bring you lots of enjoyment. Be sure to ask any questions around the forums, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

That looks like a rooster to me, but for more opinions, I'd be sure to post in the "What Breed or Gender is This?" section of the forums.

Hi and welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

So glad you could join BYC! Congratulations on beginning your chicken adventures. The bird in the photo does appear to be a cockerel. Most pullets won't have that much comb and wattle at that age. For more opinions, definitely post in the What Breed or Gender Is This? section that Yorkshire Coop linked to. Members will be happy to help identify what your birds are!

Good luck with your chicks! Welcome to our community and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom