1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Helloooooooo Out There!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Synath, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Synath

Synath New Egg

Feb 5, 2017
    My name is Candace and I've been reading/watching BYC for quite a while now and finally decided why not join such a fine group of people. Now I've had ornimental small birds for years but this is the first time of getting into chickens of my own. Now while not exactly new to them, this is the first time I've had them of my own. I've delt with chickens for a couple of years but again they weren't mine. At the moment I would say I have 9 chickens all together. They span the range from 2 RiR, 1 Amricanas, 1 Cochin, 2 silky/brahama cross, 1 RIR/Brahama cross and 2 RIR/Americana cross. Out of this conglomeration I have 1 RIR roo (full of attitude) 1 silky/brahama roo, and 2 rir/americana roos, the last three having grown up together. Everything else is hens. I found BYC when I first ran into a case of bumble foot in my step dads flocks (also where I ended up with most the mixed chickens I have now). Couldn't have made it through with out you guys and all the information you had out there on it.
    Animals are fairly much my hobbies. I do enjoy reading and working on the computer, but it's my pets that keep me going. I have quite a zoo of pets; 4 dogs, 6 cats, 4 snakes, 1 gecko, 9 chickens and what ever wanders up or gets abandoned to me, I just can't turn away animals in need. So that's me! Nice to meet all Y'all!

Candace

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Candace, animal lovers are always welcome here. Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

3. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    So glad you joined us! Welcome to BYC!!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Candace, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community and that you have found BYC useful! Best wishes to you and your flock! :)

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Candace [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. As you mentioned, there are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Glad you joined us!

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Candace, thanks for joining us!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the flock! Thanks for joining us a BYC, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home! I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by