HELP!!!! 12 chicks dropped dead within minutes????

U know my quails are also quickly dying and the main thing because they’re dying was because they didn’t drink too much and got dehydrated from the heat source.
If they don’t drink take a spoon and gently tug it’s beak into it 7 drops can be enough

The bedding, heat source and dehydration can be the main reason for ur flock’s deaths.
Pls or old are ur chicks? Day olds?then 60 watt incandescent bulb shall suffice.A week old?25 watt incandescent will suffice.
Watch out for dehydration.No matter what happens force them to drink water.
Bedding? Pine shavings?there’s absolutely something toxic there or else it couldn’t be this fatal.I recommend u to use a clean cloth,towel or paper towel for their bedding.Newspaper causes splay legs.
Any kind of Smoke emerging from the kitchen can make them choke so please watch out

Awww I'm so sorry. I would be sick at my stomach if that happened to me. I have fifteen day old chicks right now that I hatched myself, so this really touched me. I'm sorry. I hope you find out what went wrong. Hugs.

U know my quails are also quickly dying and the main thing because they’re dying was because they didn’t drink too much and got dehydrated from the heat source.
If they don’t drink take a spoon and gently tug it’s beak into it 7 drops can be enough
Too much heat (intense light or too small a container)causes Dehydration which causes them to lose water,precious minerals and salts.Most will recover if it is corrected quickly but it can cause deaths.Those that do recover are damaged permanently.

When you were setting up the brooder bin or cleaning it did you rinse off all soap? Maybe some residue was left and heated up by the lamp? That could cause a mass die off.

They are 7, 8, and almost 11. They are all animal lovers and have been around various animals their entire lives. They know not to handle them without supervision, and even if one of them did something, the others would be quick to tattle. The brooder is in the corner of the living room, next to the kids bookcase, and Finn had gone to put his book up and when he looked over at the brooder thought it was weird all the chicks were laying down. Then he realized they weren't sleeping. I checked their water, but it was still clean, I had just changed it a little while before. Didn't see anything weird in the brooder, except the dead chicks.
Anything else on the book case that could spill dust or anything else into the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom