Help! 4-month old Silkie sneezing

FoxySonia

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
Queens, NY
This morning one of my 4 month old Silkies started sneezing, heard her and watched her sneeze continuously for a minute before I went to get my phone to video her, but she ran off and hid. This happened out in the yard. She, and 5 of her sisters, live in a 9' x 6' wire pen that has plastic on one side and at upper corner where they like to roost, to protect them from the wind and rain, and tarp on roof. They have a 4' x 4' house they can use when cold but they haven't wanted to use yet. A few days ago it rained a bit and all the chicks where out in the yard, occassionally seeking cover inside the big pen (a 10' x 10' welded wire kennel) where the majority of my 38 chicks roost at night. What could be causing her to sneeze? Should I be worried? What can I give her? Do I need to separate her? I already have 2 sick 5 month old bantam Polish pullets separated from the flock for the past couple of days, they are indoors in a dog crate, their symptoms are lethargy, loss of appetite and green poop, so I've been giving them Nutri-Drench, water with electrolytes and Corid. Don't know what else I can do.

A few days ago I spent 4 hours cleaning (sifting) all the sand in the large pen, so that may have caused a lot of dust. The chicks only stay in the pen when they sleep, during the day they roam the yard until it's time to roost. Both pens get plenty of air and ventilations, as well as protection from the elements. I feed them Scrach and Peck Organic chick/grower feed and layer feed mixed together and fed to them as a mash, and they get Grubbly Farms Little Pecks chick/grower crumble mixed with New Country Organics layer crumble. They also get 2 handfuls of Grubterra grubs, and every other day they get a vegetable to peck at.

Back
Top Bottom