HELP! 5 Month emu not eating or drinking

Hannah1994

Chirping
May 30, 2018
I have a 5 month old female emu that suddenly has stopped eating or drinking. Was fine yesterday, I notice late last night she didn't seem completely herself but was still with the others and eating and drinking. This morning won't touch any food, won't drink and is lathargic and sleepy. She takes herself off to the shelter away from the others. I have just tried syringing a small amount of water and vitamins into her but she hates people so didn't want to stress her. Has anyone got any ideas? I have phoned my vet but waiting on a call back.
Any advice would be much appreciated

I hope you find out what is wrong. Seeing them not eat is very stressful! I have finally got my emus to eat now. Still not on their palettes but eating leaves in their paddock, dandelion leaves and grapes!

I have a 5 month old female emu that suddenly has stopped eating or drinking. Was fine yesterday, I notice late last night she didn't seem completely herself but was still with the others and eating and drinking. This morning won't touch any food, won't drink and is lathargic and sleepy. She takes herself off to the shelter away from the others. I have just tried syringing a small amount of water and vitamins into her but she hates people so didn't want to stress her. Has anyone got any ideas? I have phoned my vet but waiting on a call back.
Any advice would be much appreciated
Hi there, I've got a 7 mo male that's just started to so the same thing. Did you ever figure out what it was? Is she back to normal? Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Hi there, I've got a 7 mo male that's just started to so the same thing. Did you ever figure out what it was? Is she back to normal? Any help much appreciated, thank you.
Hope your emu was okay! She made a full recovery the next day, I think she got dehydrated as it was so hot and the idiots like to sit out in it. Currently got an issue with my other female, not wanting or drinking and hunched.

Back
Top Bottom