Help? Advice on something!

Alice Monroe

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2017
Hemet California
I have three ducks, they are quite big, about 5 weeks old and my step dad is trying to make me introduce pintail ducklings to the flock. My ducks are mean to each other as it is and I feel that introducing a new breed to their flock is a bad idea. The ducks aren't watched 24/7 and I feel that it will put the pintail ducklings in harms way for no good reason. How can I convince my step dad to not get them? (Plus, I am the only one caring for them and feeding them. It would just be more work for me and I am still new at it.)

Last edited:
I have three ducks, they are quite big, about 5 weeks old and my step dad is trying to make me introduce pintail ducklings to the flock. My ducks are mean to each other as it is and I feel that introducing a new breed to their flock is a bad idea. The ducks aren't watched 24/7 and I feel that it will put the pintail ducklings in harms way for no good reason. How can I convince my step dad to not get them? (Plus, I am the only one caring for them and feeding them. It would just be more work for me and I am still new at it.)
you are correct pintails are not as sturdy as some of the other breeds,
what breed do you have?
the size difference alone may help your fight

can you post a picture

This is the biggest and the smallest ones I have from about a week or two ago.

Need some help. I got a few ducklings from a friend, and one of them has wat looks like busted blood vessels in the webbing of its feet. Should I be concerned about this or is it something that will heal on its own?

Need some help. I got a few ducklings from a friend, and one of them has wat looks like busted blood vessels in the webbing of its feet. Should I be concerned about this or is it something that will heal on its own?
can you post a photo?

Back
Top Bottom