Help!! Aggressive Chickens & Ducks!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cambin4, Feb 19, 2013.

1. cambin4

cambin4 New Egg

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi All,

I have 3 female chickens, 2 Isa Browns and 1 Barrington (?), the Isa's we've had from the start, they'd be maybe 18 months - 2 years, the Barrington would be 3-4 months. We also have 2 ducks (not sure of the sex or breed) who would be nearly the same age as the Barrington. My problem is that the chickens hassle the ducks but not our dog, the ducks only get along with the Barrington but are cautious around the Isa's but today they I have witnessed them 'quacking' at people that visit out house and they attacked the dog! Is this normal behavior? They have started acting like 'dogs' of late, have become a bit more friendlier, and have started sleeping at our back door etc I don't want them to injure or worse, kill each other, or the dog attack them either but not sure what to do? I try and feed them in different areas and they sleep separately. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks [​IMG]

2. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    Hi from KY!

[​IMG]

I have a bunch of ducks but I've not heard of this. Check out the ducks thread. I'm sure you can get answers there!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - breeding season is approaching. Hormone levels are high and it is the season for aggression. Separate if necessary.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by