Help Aggressive Hen!...

Can you be more specific? Is she aggressive toward you, or the other birds? What exactly are the behaviors?

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

mostly towards me...started almost a year ago, she was fighting a rooster, I got in the way and she went after me, can't even feed her without getting atleast pecked...

Another member once recounted kicking at a Royal tom that was being somewhat aggressive towards his daughter, IIRC. Apparently the tom became chronically aggressive to the owner, thereafter. So M. Gallopavo grudges seem a possibility. If she is a flogger and won't retreat when you spread your arms and approach (jumping up to attack you instead) then it might be time for stuffing. However, I'd probably corner her and hold her to the ground until she quit struggling and repeat until she submitted (just got to get arms around wings good and tight - easiest way to carry a turk - their back against your chest, arms around wings - then they can flail their legs until they wear out and then can be put down.

Either eat her or let her know how the pecking order is going to be.

Good luck/eating

done that already, I've even smacked her and she doesn't seem to care...when I hold her to the ground she calms down for a while but only for a few minutes...I try to ignore it, but it's anoying trying to change her feed and water while she pecks at my arms. Atleast she doesn't go for the face...It usually starts after her babies turn four or five weeks old...
I don't eat them I keep them as pets and I raised those turkeys since they were a day old.
I think she's just crazy, because none of her five broods have been contituted of poults.

rayvol1984 wrote: I think she's just crazy, because none of her five broods have been constituted of poults.

What have you been sneaking under this poor girl to `wet nurse', Guinea eggs????

Give her a medal... :lol:

"puertorican" game fowl twice, another clutch (mix breed) and two clutches of muscovy ducks...I haven't been able to get guinea eggs...She's a grate mother tho...

Back
Top Bottom