Help! Aggressive Roo when 7 hens added to flock??

Just saying I once had a pair of silky roo s we thought for hens for like 6-8 months until they finally started crowing because they took forever to grow tails and were very submissive but that tail feather is very suspicious!

Just saying I once had a pair of silky roo s we thought for hens for like 6-8 months until they finally started crowing because they took forever to grow tails and were very submissive but that tail feather is very suspicious!
Interesting. I’ll look more closely at it. I wanna say I saw that one lay but I could be wrong. There are two that look similar too each other.

That black ones tail is suspect :/ unless that's your boy
No this is our adopted roo. You can tell he had a rough life before he found us.
928E1425-3A78-4DF5-A67E-DDB09728E86B.png

That's a good point :D lol Im generally good at picking cockerals out in the early weeks of life(lol fam didn't believe me when I said the 4 chicks they'd brought home were all male at 5 weeks, they ended up quite embarrassed when the crowing started kicked in) so I almost never have to single out birds at months old but yes it is lacking a sharp saddle my mistake I suppose :)

I agree with @Redhead Rae the black one looks like a pullet. Is your rooster bantam or full size? I'm sorry if you already shared and I missed it. Was the one he attacked the dominant hen in the new group? I think the advice you've already gotten is the best, if you want to keep the new pullets you'll have to get rid of the rooster. I hate it for him, I bet that boy is going to be beautiful after his molt. Injuring the hens is not acceptable though.

Last edited:
I agree with @Redhead Rae the black one looks like a pullet. Is your rooster bantam or full size? I'm sorry if you already shared and I missed it. Was the one he attacked the dominant hen in the new group? I think the advice you've already gotten is the best, if you want to keep the new pullets you'll have to get rid of the rooster. I hate it for him, I bet that boy is going to be beautiful after his molt. Injuring the hens is not acceptable though.
No I hadn’t been asked that question yet. he is a full size rooster. I want so badly to keep him but by ladies come first. He has attacked all 6 of the new ones and one from my original flock now. So I’m not sure if his aggressive side is starting to show since he is getting older??? He has been crowing pretty much the whole time since his arrival. There was maybe a month or two time span at first when he didn’t. We’ve had him since the beginning of the year I guess. So not long relatively speaking.

Back
Top Bottom