1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Help...any idea of breed and gender of this one? 7 week old ????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lady of McCamley, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Crowing 7 Years

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    I put a grab bag of fertile eggs under some broody hens, of supposed "pure breeds" with possibly some "Ameraucana" (haa haa, I know that generally means EE) and out came this little bird.

He/she is 7 weeks old as of tomorrow. Hatched from a medium size pale tan (very light beige) egg.

The feather pattern has changed a lot, getting a lot darker so that it looks quite dark in some light, but then if you catch the right lighting you can see the coloration.

I "think" there is possibly a small muff forming...but sometimes it just looks like left over fluff. And there are tiny wattles. Amazingly, I keep watching the comb which is yellow-pink, sometimes looks pretty pink, but then looks more pinkish yellow and pale, depending upon light and how much running around the bird seems to be doing. The comb is still pretty undeveloped, and there seriously looks like a "teacup" type comb forming. It has a ridge "V" and a hollow middle as best to explain. I know a pea comb may fill in but I can only see "V" ridges at this time.

I'm leaning towards EE pullet...but change my mind back and forth daily and will wait until this either crows or lays an egg (hopefully a colorful one) as the heritage of this bird is a big [​IMG]

Love some ideas! [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Lady of McCamley

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. five is my dog

five is my dog Songster

Jul 4, 2013
    looks like a hen maybe an EE but i may be wrong

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    looks like a pullet so far, and looks to have a rose comb (like wyandottes do)

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    A pullet, looks like an Easter Egger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: