Help??? Anyone ever used egg cartons inside and "turned" or "propped" the whole bator for turning?

I agree, still air incubators are notorious for pockets of temperature differences, so the best idea is to rotate the eggs around in different areas of the unit when you turn them.

Although, I'm experimenting with filling containers with water, sealing them, and setting them in the 4 corners to maintain temp across the entire unit.

This will work with incubators with a fan (forced air) but not with still air incubators.

Last edited:
Okay, not sure if this makes sense, but I would think, since hot air rises, whichever side of your incubator is tilted up would have slightly higher temps on that side. When you tilt it the other way the hot air mass would move over to and rise with the new side that is tilted up. In a sense, you'd be creating movement of the hot air in addition to the eggs, so wouldn't it be better than still air alone?

Still air incubator....temp is different at each level, hot air rise , so egg would get hot on the high side cool on the low side. with the fan temp should be the same at all levels..

Well I am hatching now...have 10 looking good chicks and 4 iffy ones with rough navels....not sure if they are going to make it AND have 10 more trying to hatch in bator and 9 more due tomorrow so well I am ok so far .... had 4 fully developed that died in shell never pipped.

Almost done.....have 8 more pipped in the bator so out of 39 eggs....8 still to go.....4 dead in shell.....20 live fluffy butts in the bin.....and six that did not make it for various reasons ........well if these last 8 make it I will be pleased if not then I will be just ok and thankful for what did hatch! so these are actually better results than using the egg turner last time.

Back
Top Bottom