Hen just sitting listless with humped back.

What I'm wondering is if your hen has an actual lump or if that's just her feathers poofing up. This is my hen kind of looking the same, and she was perfectly fine.
IMG_0201.jpeg

Your hen clearly isn't feeling good, which accounts for her just standing there with her tail down. How old is she, and what breed? When did she lay her last egg, if you know?

Your hen clearly isn't feeling good, which accounts for her just standing there with her tail down. How old is she, and what breed? When did she lay her last egg, if you know?
She’s a Prairie Bluebell Egger. About a year old. She usually lays either every other day or sometimes every day. Big ones. We haven’t gotten many PBB Egger eggs lately, only one yesterday. It might not have been hers since we have two of that breed.

She’s a Prairie Bluebell Egger. About a year old. She usually lays either every other day or sometimes every day. Big ones. We haven’t gotten many PBB Egger eggs lately, only one yesterday. It might not have been hers since we have two of that breed.
Can you feel an actual lump on her back? If you have calcium citrate pills, the human ones, I would give her one, just in case she is egg bound. It won't hurt her if she's not. Has she been acting normal the past few days?

Can you feel an actual lump on her back? If you have calcium citrate pills, the human ones, I would give her one, just in case she is egg bound. It won't hurt her if she's not. Has she been acting normal the past few days?
She's out of the bath and we're drying her off. I'll feel the lump (?) when she's out

Back
Top Bottom