Help ASAP I dont know what to do

Op if you choose to separate them just run some chicken wire or something else up in the run so they can see and talk to each other all day without physical contact. In a few weeks some of the chicks will likely be old enough to go in with the pullet so she will have more company.

Since you want to keep the rooster think about options to divide the run/hen house. Fencing in the run may be temporary but if you divide part of the hen house that will likely be a permanent feature that gets used again so plan it well.

I have a poop shelf/dropping board under the main roosts and simply fenced off the area underneath the shelf as a separate indoor area with a door that goes out to provide interior/exterior space for chicks, roosters, injured birds etc...

Here is a pic from when the coop was new. Currently that pen is where this springs chicks roost at night, and it will soon become a permanent rooster pen for 4 extra roosters.
1596114812843.png

Op if you choose to separate them just run some chicken wire or something else up in the run so they can see and talk to each other all day without physical contact. In a few weeks some of the chicks will likely be old enough to go in with the pullet so she will have more company.

Since you want to keep the rooster think about options to divide the run/hen house. Fencing in the run may be temporary but if you divide part of the hen house that will likely be a permanent feature that gets used again so plan it well.

I have a poop shelf/dropping board under the main roosts and simply fenced off the area underneath the shelf as a separate indoor area with a door that goes out to provide interior/exterior space for chicks, roosters, injured birds etc...

Here is a pic from when the coop was new. Currently that pen is where this springs chicks roost at night, and it will soon become a permanent rooster pen for 4 extra roosters.
View attachment 2268282
Good advice! Always good to have an extra pen in the coop to be used for all sorts of things, also great for introducing new chickens to the flock!

You could have one chicken coop during day have a big enough area and plenty of roosting areas for the hen an the rooster, I had some freshly chopped branches that I put in and around so my chickens get on ,

Back
Top Bottom