Help ASAP: I need help/advice on hatching eggs!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BaabyBoo1998, Feb 18, 2012.

1. BaabyBoo1998

BaabyBoo1998 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2012
    Okay, so I'm hatching chicken eggs. [​IMG]
    It's already day 21, and I have not seen any signs or pipping, or heard any peeping coming from my eggs. [​IMG]
    They are fertile, and I candled them on day 18 to make sure they grew properly, and are alive-- witch they are. I REALLY need help and advice, because I do not want to kill my chicks [​IMG]
    I think that they have moved because when I came back from school, the eggs were in different spots. I am using a mini chick-bator from stomberg's chicks &' gamebird's website, which is:

http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Mini-Chick-Bator-Incubator/basic-incubators

I only have two eggs left because one was infertile. This is my second time incubating chicks, but the other time, all of them died [​IMG]and I really need help. [​IMG]

Thank You [​IMG]

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Back away from the bator and sit on your hands. Did you get the humodity up at lockdown? Is the temp right?

Just because it's day 21 doesn't mean they'll hatch on day 21, just means that's when they're due. Just like any other baby at due date,

1 person likes this.
  3. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    X2

4. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia

X3

My first hatch all hatched late. It's nerve wracking because you think something is wrong but just be patient and wait. Make sure the humity is up and try to ignore the bator.

5. BaabyBoo1998

Feb 18, 2012
    I believe so. The temperature is at 100 and I believe the humidity is correct.
    On what day did your chicks hatch?
    Is it normal to not hear any peeping? They still havent even pipped their shell, and I'm getting kind of worried because last time, one of them drowned on the eggs yolk, while the other died because it couldn't get out of the shell.

[​IMG]Hatching chicks is so nerve wrecking, yet exiting!! xD

6. BaabyBoo1998

Feb 18, 2012
    Okay, it's almost the end of day 22 and I cannot hear any peeping. Also, the chicks have not pipped their egg shells yet .[​IMG] Besides that, I have not seen any movement, personally, but I do however think they are moving. [​IMG]

Will it be safe to candle them tomorrow, on day 23 ?
    What is the longest time they will hatch ? [​IMG]

7. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    wait at least till day 25

8. BaabyBoo1998

Feb 18, 2012
    Okay. Thank You [​IMG]

9. BaabyBoo1998

Feb 18, 2012
    In the end, all of my chicks died . [​IMG]

10. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you open them to see what happened?

Deb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by