Help!!!!!ASAP my baby ducks have a few start protrusions but the membrane is still not open what to do?

You could use tweezers to pull back some of the shell and wet the membrane (with coconut oil/Vaseline) and check for veins. But honestly if it seems like it’s zipping I’d leave it. Like I said ducks take a really long time to hatch. Plus you don’t know what day it’s on.
So is it ok that it pipped internal 2 days ago and today i see that it looks as if there are dark spots but those are where the duck is iether eating under the membrane or something but its like big spots and i see him through it.

Upload a photo
not a very good pic sorry but there are two spots that yellow spot and the white towards the bottom right corner.

Attachments

• WIN_20220314_16_48_33_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220314_16_48_33_Pro.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
Ducks take an incredibly long time to hatch. Is it possible there’s a slice somewhere in the membrane near the pip that you don’t see? What about veins? Have you candled the egg? Has it been externally pipped for 2 days or just chirping for 2 days?
Can they breathe if the membrane isnt open and i picked at the shell?

So is it ok that it pipped internal 2 days ago and today i see that it looks as if there are dark spots but those are where the duck is iether eating under the membrane or something but its like big spots and i see him through it.
Here’s timeline on what my recent hatch did-internal pip 3/3, external pip 3/4, didn’t zip&hatch until 3/6. They can take 24-48ish hours from external pip and I believe 24ish from internal to external. They really are super slow to hatch.

Here’s timeline on what my recent hatch did-internal pip 3/3, external pip 3/4, didn’t zip&hatch until 3/6. They can take 24-48ish hours from external pip and I believe 24ish from internal to external. They really are super slow to hatch.
thank you so much for your info .

Ok. It's after 11pm on day 28. This is what he looks like now...
20220320_232118.jpg

His breathing has a definite rhythm, but he seems to be ok. I tried to upload a video but can't figure it out. My phone records as a MP4. The system is saying it's not supported and the banner covers the list of what is supported. Lol. I'm going to keep sitting on my hands for now

Ok. It's after 11pm on day 28. This is what he looks like now...View attachment 3031699

His breathing has a definite rhythm, but he seems to be ok. I tried to upload a video but can't figure it out. My phone records as a MP4. The system is saying it's not supported and the banner covers the list of what is supported. Lol. I'm going to keep sitting on my hands for now
Whoops! Wrong thread. 🙄 So sorry!

Ok. It's after 11pm on day 28. This is what he looks like now...View attachment 3031699

So so sorry. I didn't mean to post here, again. I'm not sure how it's happening but I will figure it out and fix it.

I hope your babies are doing well 😁 I'm rooting for them!!

Back
Top Bottom