Help... Autoturner keeps dumping my eggs!

williamsl77

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Northeast
Well, I think my title says it all... Autoturner keeps dumping eggs. I have popped the gear back in place now three times in two days. The trays keep dumping my eggs forward. I'm sure this can't be good for them. Especially not when I have to take all the eggs out to put everything back together. I just used tape on the top and bottom of the grove holding the gear mechanism. Anyone else had this problem??? Ideas??

I am guessing you are using a sportsman. Have you tried to find the problem? Have you overloaded your turning racks? It would be great if you could take some pictures of the tuner after it has overturned, and we could help you a lot more.

On the motor it's self, there is a white plastic arm. The arm rotates, in the groove, or slot. I am guessing that the tip of the white plastic arm has gotten worn down. That's my guess. If that is the case, the tip needs to big enough that it will not move out of the slot. If that's the case then maybe you could get some type of glue to thicken the tip of the arm a bit. I really couldn't come to a conclusion though.

If that's not the case, then the tape will last for a little bit, but not for long, you may want super-glue a dot on the top and bottom of the slot.

Back
Top Bottom