Help Baby chick acting funny

If you don’t already have it, I would purchase nutridrench and electrolytes.

295E3F26-FA62-4594-866E-78FD4C636DA3.jpeg D8BE6356-D419-41B4-9D57-4A6F05497E91.jpeg

The nuuridrench is specially formulated for poultry and gets into their system immediately. For our severely lethargic babies, we would administer a drop directly into their beaks. Then the entire flock was on it in their water (mixture looks like weak tea) for approx a month.

Both were life savers for us last year.

We also used the mother hen heating pad, which mimics a real mother hen.

If you don’t already have it, I would purchase nutridrench and electrolytes.

View attachment 1294533 View attachment 1294534

The nuuridrench is specially formulated for poultry and gets into their system immediately. For our severely lethargic babies, we would administer a drop directly into their beaks. Then the entire flock was on it in their water (mixture looks like weak tea) for approx a month.

Both were life savers for us last year.

We also used the mother hen heating pad, which mimics a real mother hen.
I have the top one i believe i have the bottom one but its not a dropper. The top one is in their water.
I appriciate it. I'll def look and see about the bottom pic.

I have the top one i believe i have the bottom one but its not a dropper. The top one is in their water.
I appriciate it. I'll def look and see about the bottom pic.
You definitely want to be doing the nutridrench during these early days. It is amazing at its speed of helpfulness. It is also good to have on hand for sickness. Even if you don’t have a dropper top, you can use it. Even putting a small bit in the palm of your hand and dipping their beaks in it will work. Then I would add some to their water as well. I will have to look back, I can’t remember if I used both at the same time in the water... I’ll have to get back to you on that.

You definitely want to be doing the nutridrench during these early days. It is amazing at its speed of helpfulness. It is also good to have on hand for sickness. Even if you don’t have a dropper top, you can use it. Even putting a small bit in the palm of your hand and dipping their beaks in it will work. Then I would add some to their water as well. I will have to look back, I can’t remember if I used both at the same time in the water... I’ll have to get back to you on that.
Def let me know thanks so much! ☺

Def let me know thanks so much! ☺
This is what I found from a conversation between @azygous and myself. She has been an invaluable resource to me, especially in my early days!

...”The electrolytes you will only need for the first two days until the babies are drinking well on their own. Make a "weak tea" out of the Nutri-drench and mix fresh each day. You can add the electrolytes to the weak tea.

When you get the babies home, if there is a weak one, standing still, wings held out from its body, eyes at half mast, give an undiluted drop of Nutri-drench right into the side of the beak. Repeat the next day, and after that it should be okay. But give them the "tea for the first week to ten days.”

— I will try to check in here for you today as often as I can. Right now, I have 2 broody hens hatching 10 eggs for us.. it’s been a busy few days around here!

This is what I found from a conversation between @azygous and myself. She has been an invaluable resource to me, especially in my early days!

Thank you! I truly mean that ill def get on top of that right away. Yesterday she was too weak she didn't care that i gave her vitamins etc through a dropper today she's turning from the dropper but still won't take food or water like she's suppose to so im having to hold her still and use the dropper anyway.
I appriciate all your help.

...”The electrolytes you will only need for the first two days until the babies are drinking well on their own. Make a "weak tea" out of the Nutri-drench and mix fresh each day. You can add the electrolytes to the weak tea.

When you get the babies home, if there is a weak one, standing still, wings held out from its body, eyes at half mast, give an undiluted drop of Nutri-drench right into the side of the beak. Repeat the next day, and after that it should be okay. But give them the "tea for the first week to ten days.”

— I will try to check in here for you today as often as I can. Right now, I have 2 broody hens hatching 10 eggs for us.. it’s been a busy few days around here!

Finally she's eating dry food on her own! Thank God! Now waiting to see if she will drink on her own. Her balance is a little off still. I'll still be giving her vitamins. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• 20180313_161136.jpg
    20180313_161136.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom