HELP! Baby Chick has a tilted head? Blind eye?

Ohh, they are following a momma hen all day? Hmm. If that is the case, I'd -tentatively- suggest separating sickly baby and a sibling or two for company into a brooder with supplemental heat and constant food/water access. She's unlikely to be successful chasing around once momma really starts foraging until she stabilizes and she won't thrive alone without a friend or two. The issue is reintroducing them once she's healthy isn't guaranteed to be a success and you might just have to do ALL of the raising. Sometimes the supplements take a good while to work (like a couple of weeks depends on severity) if that's definitely her problem.

I don't know what's possible for you, and I understand none of that may be doable so suddenly. But if I were in your shoes I'd be leaning towards just raising this one yourself so you know she is always able to access the essentials while recuperating.
Thank you so much for the tips! We decided to separate her in a brooder with supplemental heat. The little one was no longer able to move or eat/drink on its own. Fingers crossed that she gets better! Thank you for all the help!!! ❤️

Do chicks with wry neck constantly cry? Mine is constantly crying all day and distress cries for hours. It also looks like she had an air bubble on her back. Not sure if it’s better to continue treatment or put her out of misery. Since she is always crying or doing a distress cry, do you think this is a neck injury and is in pain?

Is baby still alive? I'm sorry I didn't get notified of your question

For unconsolable babies I tuck them under my chin until they calm down, little their mama would comfort them under her wings.
😢

Back
Top Bottom