Help ! Baby quail curled toes

Keribabi

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2023
This is my second hatch and one of them have curled toes. Do you know what i can do to help it ? I dont know much about this. Attaching pictures

Attachments

• 20230421_101627.jpg
    20230421_101627.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 520
How is the chick doing?
Have the feet straightened out yet with her moving about and walking?

If not and it's time to move her from the incubator, tape her feet flat (see the photo instructions in the link below).
I'd also give her drops of vitamins that contain B2(Riboflavin), this can be chick vitamins or you can dissolve 1/4 tablet human B-Complex in a tiny amount of water and give her a couple of drops several times a day.

See how she does with taped feet, if she's unable to get to food/water, then you'll need to make sure she's staying hydrated and eating o.k. Wet gamebird starter is good to give. If giving it dry, make sure the crumbles are fine enough for her to eat, if they aren't run the feed through a food processor to make it finer for a few days.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...s-with-tape-picture-tutorial-and-video.75247/

How is the chick doing?

If not and it's time to move her from the incubator, tape her feet flat (see the photo instructions in the link below).
I'd also give her drops of vitamins that contain B2(Riboflavin), this can be chick vitamins or you can dissolve 1/4 tablet human B-Complex in a tiny amount of water and give her a couple of drops several times a day.

See how she does with taped feet, if she's unable to get to food/water, then you'll need to make sure she's staying hydrated and eating o.k. Wet gamebird starter is good to give. If giving it dry, make sure the crumbles are fine enough for her to eat, if they aren't run the feed through a food processor to make it finer for a few days.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...s-with-tape-picture-tutorial-and-video.75247/
Thank you , we taped it's food for a few hours ( it was so hard to do ) it seems to be doing better. I just ordered the vitamins so I'll give it to he/she tomorrow. Also just had another hatch that might be the same but will see when it gets it's balance. Thank you so much for this. I absolutely love this community ❤️ I will keep this updated 🥰

How is the chick doing?

It's doing great ! Good as new. I did the tape method. We took it off yesterday. The last one to hatch has curled toes worst ( it took over 3 hours to get out after it was zipped all the way around) and we did the same. Im gonna give it another day to see how its doing.

It's doing great ! Good as new. I did the tape method. We took it off yesterday. The last one to hatch has curled toes worst ( it took over 3 hours to get out after it was zipped all the way around) and we did the same. Im gonna give it another day to see how its doing.
I'm glad to hear she's doing great!

Hopefully you'll be able to fix the latest one's feet too.

I'd provide all of the hatched chicks with B-Complex once daily for a few days after hatch to help give them a boost.

I'm glad to hear she's doing great!

Hopefully you'll be able to fix the latest one's feet too.

I'd provide all of the hatched chicks with B-Complex once daily for a few days after hatch to help give them a boost.
We taped the 2nd one yesterday and checked it out today and not much difference so we re did the tape and used a bandaid this time. Hopefully it will will improve. It's eating and drinking and gets around .I haven't done the b- complex but im gonna order some. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom