Help!! Back of chickens head pecked off!!! (caution: gory images)

Everything @Eggcessive said! She can recover and be just fine. I had one very similar, was attacked by other hens. Picture below after about 5 weeks. Eventually you could not tell it ever happened.
headwound.jpg

Yes it will. A scab will form, it may be pretty thick. Eventually the scab will fall off, mine did gradually from the edges in. Underneath will be new skin. Keep the wound moist with the ointment, apply at least twice a day as needed until a good scab has formed. It will take weeks, but it will heal.

Yes it will. A scab will form, it may be pretty thick. Eventually the scab will fall off, mine did gradually from the edges in. Underneath will be new skin. Keep the wound moist with the ointment, apply at least twice a day as needed until a good scab has formed. It will take weeks, but it will heal.
Thank you!

Hi all! Can I let her walk around in the sun/dirt for a little during the day? Or is it best to just keep her inside in a crate? I feel bad having her stuck inside all day but will do whatever is best for her!

Back
Top Bottom