HELP!!! Badly broken egg

Chick is doing brilliant. I have to intervene this morning and nearly all of the yolk and blood was dried, but I noticed a slight amount still in the lower membrane, so I left the bottom part of the egg attached - and waited!! I was worried, but amazingly I came home to a happy healthy chick running around. It is amazing how hardly they can be and feel proud that I helped the little fellow (or lady I hope!). I now have another sick little one, but hopefully it is just time it needs. It is struggling to walk and very weak and it was very dry and not fluffing up well, so I am thinking this maybe due to the humidity level with all the messing around removing from broody hen, etc???
Thank you everyone, turned out I just needed patience. Never again though, this is just way too stressful, I don't know how you guys do it.

thanks for the update...I'm so glad it worked out for that little one...sweet aren't they? little fluffs!! I had one that took more than a day to get it's strength but it's out there running amuck like a big chicken!! so hopefully your weak little guy gets stronger!

Back
Top Bottom