Help! Bald Spot on my 3 week old baby chicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerMomof7

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Kansas
Okay here is the deal I bought these 3 baby chicks about a weeks ago and at first they were inside my house in a big cage (2ftx8ftx3ft) and now I have moved them outside. I alternate red (for night) and white (for day) heat bulbs, I have been feeding them start&grow chick feed and they are still pecking each other. I don't know what else to do. With the red llights the pecking has gotten alot better but there are these horrible looking bald/raw spots on their backs now, I have bought and used twice Pine Tar. I don't even know if I am doing this right but I think it is drying them out...WHAT DO I DO? I am trying to everything right but what am I forgeting???

Hmmm. Supplement their diet with cooked egg yolk, to up their protein, and use the red heat lamp all the time. ? Most people on this forum seem to use Blukote to treat/protect raw spots.

some folks said that bearing grease works well to keep them from picking at each other. Just put it one the spots and they dont like the taste or feeling on their beaks.

Put the bearing grease on there. I guarantee it will work. Reapply it everytime you even think they are starting to peck one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom