Help! Blind Chicken needs companion

121chick

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
Hello, I'm new to keeping chickens and wouldn't you know it, got swindled when i bought my first flock. Brought them home and soon discovered they were all sick. Treated them with Tylan 50 injections and they all recovered except 2, one passed and the other is now blind. I have since separated her from the rest of the flock in her own coop so they don't keep trying to kill her and need to get a companion for her. I just thought I would toss this out there and see if there is anyone in the Central Texas area that has another blind chicken that they don't want to take care of, we will gladly take her off your hands to keep ours company! We have kept her food and water in the same place and after several days of showing her where they were, she is getting the hang of it. I think another hen to keep her company would really lift her spirits as she can hear the rest of the flock.

Wish you were closer to me! I have a blind rooster(beautiful EE), that i got shipped in from South Carolina to keep my blind pullet that I hatched out company, but now that she died, he is alone in his pin.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I just want her to have a companion, but also not deprive the other chicken of roaming around. I have a large area of my property enclosed for them to free range during the day and the new one would have to be kept with the blind one in the coop...it's 4x8.

So we got a young silkie, and they are best friends! Thanks for the suggestions, they cuddle together at night and the blind one has totally perked up since getting her! Great suggestion, the silkie is a natural "seeing eye hen" :)

Back
Top Bottom