HELP! BO breathing weirdly!!!

It doesn’t seem like a big concern, but keep an eye out for nasal discharge, loud wheezing or more coughing, or a sudden drop in egg production; these can indicate a respiratory virus which can be pretty contagious and endanger your other ladies.
For now you should leave her outside because it’s important for her to get plenty used to cold temperatures. Chickens, especially BOs, are pretty cold hardy animals and as long as they have plenty of ventilation, food, and fresh water they should be fine in cold temperatures.
Hope this helps and good luck with your hen!

It doesn’t seem like a big concern, but keep an eye out for nasal discharge, loud wheezing or more coughing, or a sudden drop in egg production; these can indicate a respiratory virus which can be pretty contagious and endanger your other ladies.
For now you should leave her outside because it’s important for her to get plenty used to cold temperatures. Chickens, especially BOs, are pretty cold hardy animals and as long as they have plenty of ventilation, food, and fresh water they should be fine in cold temperatures.
They all live outside they since they turned 6 weeks in summer. The only cold they experience was in February when the big snow storm hit Houston and lights went out everywhere but we covered their whole house with insulation.

There’s barely any cold here in Houston mostly hot and humid except a few days like today and yesterday

Thank you most of my hens except two have stopped laying due to them molting what could her breathing be about?

Nope she isn’t sneezing but when she breathes she sound like me when I push air through my nose since I’m congested on 1 side. Also other chickens of mine in different coops have made the same breathing noise before( I split their coops in different place due to age group

She’s the same a bit less in the days she’s completely fine she is still her energetic self she’s almost done with her molt she still eats well no mucus no open beak breathing
Sounds like maybe your chickens have had respiratory issues. If you have any more such problems, I recommend trying VetRx and following the directions on the bottle. It is carried by tractor supply and may be on Amazon.

Attachments

• F3783106-C52E-48F4-BB59-165348D1A7E6.png
    F3783106-C52E-48F4-BB59-165348D1A7E6.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom