Help! Breed & Gender please.

KTribb83

Hatching
Jun 17, 2020
Ok, I purchased 3 barred rock (supposedly) chicks from the same flock back in June. They should be around 12 weeks old now. I have one that I just have NO clue about the gender...and it has whitish pink legs, unlike the other two. This little one's about 1/3 the size of the two that I know are cockerels, much less comb/wattle development and color, and the legs are much thinner. Any ideas on breed/mix and gender. Possibly a bantam? It also still makes peeping noises like a baby chick.

Attachments

TheOddOneOut

Crowing
Feb 15, 2020
The suburbs of Portland,Oregon
Ok, I purchased 3 barred rock (supposedly) chicks from the same flock back in June. They should be around 12 weeks old now. I have one that I just have NO clue about the gender...and it has whitish pink legs, unlike the other two. This little one's about 1/3 the size of the two that I know are cockerels, much less comb/wattle development and color, and the legs are much thinner. Any ideas on breed/mix and gender. Possibly a bantam? It also still makes peeping noises like a baby chick.
A male cuckoo Marans.

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
They are both cockerels I'd say. Could be mixes, also possible their legs may turn yellow with a little more age.

Top Bottom